Transurban is committed to best practice corporate governance, transparency and accountability. This is essential for the long term performance and sustainability of the business, and to protect and enhance the interests of security holders and other stakeholders.
Transurban’s governance framework plays a critical role in helping the business deliver on its strategy. It provides the structure through which business objectives are set, performance is monitored, and risks are managed. It includes a framework for decision making across the business and provides guidance on the standards of behaviour expected of Transurban's people.
Transurban regularly reviews its governance arrangements, and developments in market practice, expectations and regulation. Transurban complies with the ASX Corporate Governance Council's Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (3rd Edition).
The key aspects of Transurban’s governance framework and main governance practices for the year ended 30 June 2016 are outlined in the 2016 Corporate Governance Statement. Transurban's ASX Appendix 4G, which is a checklist cross-referencing the 3rd Edition ASX Recommendations to the relevant disclosures in Transurban's Corporate Governance Statement, Transurban’s 2016 Annual Report and Transurban's website, was lodged with the ASX on 9 September 2016.
The key governance documents referred in the 2016 Corporate Governance Statement can be accessed below:
Board and Board committees
- Board Charter
- Policy and Procedure for the Nomination, Selection and Appointment of Non-Executive Directors
- Audit and Risk Committee Charter
- Nomination Committee Charter
- Remuneration and Human Resources Committee Charter
Conduct and ethics policies and procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Dealing in Securities Policy
- Diversity Policy
- Health, Safety & Environment Policy
- Transurban Supplier Sustainability Code of Practice
- Security Holder Communication Policy
Other governance matters
- Workplace Gender Equality Agency Report 2015
- Infrastructure Entity Benchmarks and Disclosures 2016 (RG231)
- Risk Management Policy
- Transurban Holdings Limited Constitution
- Transurban Holding Trust Constitution
- Transurban International Limited Constitution
- Notice of reliance on ASIC Class Order 13/655